Company: UNIVERSAL ORLANDO
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
JOB SUMMARY: Provides work and operating directions on the proper usage of equipment, chemicals and supplies within the work disciplines of shops, floor care, utility and warehousing duties to Team Members. Ensures departmental safety standards are met along with efficient completion of department tasks by providing feedback and leading Team Members.
- Performs all operational duties related to the daily opening and closing of assigned area. Inspects the work environment to ensure that each location is cleaned and organized at all times. Responsible for maintaining and inspecting show quality standards as set by the department. Ensures that defective equipment related issues are reported in a timely manner to the supervisor on duty and equipment technicians. Assists with equipment and product set up and delivers equipment to the job site.
- Communicates performance, behavior standards, and expectations. Monitors performance of team members to ensure policies and procedures of the department are followed. Ensures that team members are wardrobe compliant and that established service, safety and show quality standards set by the department are maintained. Provides feedback for recognition and performance improvement utilizing the Performance Observation Report and verbal communication. Reports behavior requiring discipline and further documentation to the management team.
- Provides work direction to team members including but not limited to providing work instruction on proper equipment usage and ensuring that all equipment is operated within the established safety guidelines by team members. Provides injury prevention training to all team members. Conducts daily shift meetings and safety spot talks. Aids in the dissemination of general company and area specific forms of communication to include current and new company policies and procedure.
- Oversees the operation and is the first point of contact for team members, guests, and interdepartmental partners in the absence of the Supervisor. Gives careful consideration to the impact of decisions and makes timely decisions to solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- Effectively applies the UO service model of Look, Focus, Act to satisfy and resolve the needs of the guests and the team members.
- Performs job duties of Night Park Attendant. Maintains park quality standards by thoroughly performing all cleaning duties.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Training of newly hired Team Members.
- Cleaning / detailing of retail shops, planning / completion of floor care projects for all venues, and concrete & street cleaning.
- Ensure the proper usage of equipment by all Team Members; oversee the placement of Team Members and warehousing duties such as delivery of chemicals and supplies and laundry duties.
- Responsible for non-electrical vacuum cleaner maintenance.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year experience providing work direction preferred.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE