COMPANY: MCKENZIE DOUGLAS LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £60,000 – 70,000 + Good Benefits
Fantastic opportunity to act as Lead Lawyer overseeing a team of four and taking responsibility for legal advice to several subsidiaries of a large engineering group.
Advising across commercial contracts, tenders, export control, procurement, corporate/M&As, competition, compliance, disputes and finance matters.
We are looking for:
- The ideal candidate will possess as least three years* of post qualification experience but preferably more
- Qualified to practice in UK
- Trained with a reputable law firm or in-house preferably in the field of offshore, oil & gas, energy, engineering or defence
- My client is open to the area of law you have specialised within including company/commercial, commercial litigation, corporate, energy, compliance to name a few
- You will however have strong contracts law experience
- A working knowledge of export control and sanctions would be a benefit but not essential
- You will have prior management or mentoring experience
- Be an excellent communicator and adept at dealing with senior management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Travel will be required mainly within Scotland but occasionally to other locations
Flexible working will be considered.
If you are interested in this Lead Lawyer position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn't right for you but you're interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch on 01539 446666.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.