At River Edge Behavioral Health Center, we call our day community access services Options because we are bold in creating customized options for the individuals we support...options to fully participate in community life, to learn and grow as individuals, to take part in fun and fulfilling recreation, to get and keep meaningful employment or to volunteer in the community. At River Edge, we see "different abilities" not "disabilities"!
River Edge is currently seeking an Instructor 1 to work with individuals at our Macon Day Center.
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instructor 1 will cover day services in a day center including CAG (community access group), and also work goals with individuals served.
- Inst. 1 will assist in skill building, goal completion, and assisting our individuals toward independence.
- The work environment can be fast paced, and requires someone who is ok with this, and is great at multitasking, and great with occasional change.
- This position may include assisting our individuals with eating, and/or restroom assistance.
- Staff will complete daily documentation/progress notes on individuals served.
- This position will include individual transportation in personal vehicle with paid mileage reimbursement, or company vehicles.
Minimum Training & Experience: One year experience providing social or direct care services to developmentally disabled adults OR Associate degree in a human service related field.
One year experience at the lower level or position equivalent (Instructor/Entry Level).
Note: Some positions may require a valid driver's license.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience with training or instructing and working with persons with disabilities, preferably developmental disabilities. Clean criminal background check and Motor Vehicle Report. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
All applicants must pass a satisfactory background clearance and pre-employment drug screen.Job Posted by ApplicantPro