Responsible for bidding, negotiating and contracting for all direct construction trade partners. #LI-JS1.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Review all plans and specifications from a cost perspective identifying areas, which warrant detailed review, negotiate and execute on every opportunity to reduce costs
· Research new products and processes from a cost and value basis
· Assist in monthly budget reviews
· Research and pre-qualify trade partners who can provide cost effective construction, service, and quality
· Develop and maintain general, specific, and inclusive scope of work documents depending on work to be accomplished
· Prepare and maintain standard and custom feature lists for all communities
· Participate with other operations team members in selecting qualified bidders from master bid list
· Supervise preparation of bid packages, including scopes of work, payment and price schedules, insurance requirements, other exhibits, plans and cover letters
· Analyze bids for completeness and accuracy. Assist in selection of preferred bidder based on competitiveness and ability to fulfill contract requirements
· Monitor trade partner performance and assist in efforts to ensure trade partner complies with contract requirements
· Resolve specification and plan conflicts
· Orient all sales personnel on each new community with regard to specifications, options, quality of materials and competition's specifications. Be available to answer specification questions from other associates
· Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all potential and existing trade associates
· Assist in the validation of material takeoffs as necessary
· Work with Director of National Purchasing, and regional purchasing teams and support national and regional purchasing efforts
· May be required to cross train for position(s) within the division organizational structure from time to time, as required
· Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Five (5) years, minimum, residential construction experience in field operations, purchasing or construction management
· High school diploma or GED required
· High degree of construction knowledge
· Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
· Excellent writing skills
· Detail oriented
· Strong negotiating skills
· Valid driver’s license
· Accepts constructive feedback
· Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
One of America's leading homebuilders!
Since 1954, we've had the privilege of helping hundreds of thousands of families across America move into the next stage of their lives with a new home.
We build homes in some of the most desirable cities in the nation and for all stages of your life: first home, move-up home, or a multigenerational home to accommodate your changing family needs. Our communities cater to all lifestyles and include urban, suburban, active adult and golf course living.
Role: Purchasing Manager
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.