We are seeking a Maintenance Technician whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining and repairing different areas of the property. This is achieved by performing work orders, assisting in the maintenance of interior and exterior systems and preparing apartments for occupancy according to protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Assists in completing work orders of various types including, but not limited to: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, drywall, painting, appliances and make readies.
- Assists in the preventative maintenance and general repairs of the buildings’ exterior and interior systems
- Assists in maintaining swimming pool(s) and spa(s)
- Responsible for being On-Call for emergency work orders and lock-outs
- Assists in snow/ice removal (where applicable)
- Assists in completing Monthly Facilities Plan tasks
- Assists in completing BOSS daily duties and tasks
- Assists daily in picking up trash on the grounds
- Assists other departments with moving furniture including unloading and storing supplies
- Attend all mandatory employee staff meetings and company safety meetings/webinars
- Understand and follow all safety protocols including understanding MSDS on use of chemicals
- Report any observed violations of property rules and regulations to Maintenance Supervisor/Manager and/or General Manager
- Responsible for understanding and following the ACC key policy
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in this position, you should have the following education/experience:
- A High School diploma or GED
- One to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- HVAC, appliance experience
- The ability to operate various types of tools and equipment safely and lift various items up to 50 lbs.
American Campus Communities
As the nation's best-in-class student housing company, we are passionately committed to serving the needs of our residents, parents, and college and university clients. We currently manage more than 200 on- and off-campus communities across North America. While we happen to be the largest company in our industry, our goal has always been and will remain to be the best.
It's the dedication of our employees that has allowed American Campus to grow from a small operator to the industry leader. To attract and retain such exceptional talent, we have created a work environment that is motivating and rewarding. We have been named one of the best companies to work for by Texas Monthly magazine and one of America's Most Trustworthy Companies by Forbes.
If you are a hard-working, reliable and fun-loving employee, we've got a place for you. In return, we offer opportunities, diversity, stability, job training and growth. Come join the American Campus family.
Role: Maintenance Technician - Landmark Apartments
Location: Ann Arbor,
Apply for this job now.