Decatur, GA (pop. 25,000) awelcoming, historic city with beautiful neighborhoods and an exciting downtown seeks highly progressive, team oriented, collaborative, and experienced candidates for Senior Engineer/City Engineer. A 2018 All-America City, Decatur is known as a forward-looking High-Performance Organization. Located minutes from downtown Atlanta, Decatur is the county seat for DeKalb County and offers excellent schools, outstanding amenities, and a high quality of service.
The Senior Engineer serves as the City Engineer for the City of Decatur. The position supervises a work group of twelve with three direct reports, including a Project Civil Engineer, Engineering Inspector and Crew Supervisor who is responsible for a team of field staff.
Engineering is part of the Design, Environment and Construction Division of Public Works. The Division provides services in plan review, inspections, tree review and code enforcement. The Division is also home to the City's Storm Water Utility and the Zoning Board of Appeals. Senior Engineer reports directly to the Director of Design, Environment and Construction. There are 73 FTEs and 16 part-time employees within Public Works at the City of Decatur.
The Senior Engineer/City Engineer will lead the city's efforts to implement a $38 million stormwater master plan adopted in 2020; guide multi-modal transportation planning, including the implementation of a $12 million plan for pedestrian and bicycle trail improvements and is responsible for engineering review and planning for development and redevelopment in the city.
Candidate Must Haves
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field.
- A Georgia P.E. license or the ability to obtain the same within six months of hire.
- Five to seven years increasingly responsible experience in civil engineering, including at least three years of supervisory experience.
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach to leadership.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing, with the ability to tailor communications and presentations to connect and effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- Knowledgeable in all areas of civil engineering and familiar with design standards and development.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with current storm water best practices and regulations.
- Creative, nimble and flexible: open to new ideas and approaches and willing to challenge the status quo if needed.
- Able to mentor and develop team members.
- Committed to excellent customer service and highly responsive to community inquiries.
- A team player, willing to work without regarding to hierarchy to accomplish the organization's goals.
- Passionate about public service and the ability to make a daily impact on the quality of life for a community.
Decatur is a highly collaborative, High Performance Organization with a commitment to pro-active planning and problem solving. Individuals must enjoy working in an organization that is flexible and nimble and not focused on traditional hierarchical approaches to management.
The starting salary range for the position is $67,000 - $86,000 +/-DOQ with the full salary range extending to $110,000. The City provides an excellent benefits package, including opportunities for professional development and training.
Candidates should apply online by May30, 2021 with a resume, cover letter and contact information for 5 professional references to Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA. Electronic submissions at #removed# Questions may also be directed to Charlene Stevens at #removed# ext. 124. The City of Decatur is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click HERE for Brochure!
Posted:Apr 30, 2021
Powered by JazzHR