Senior Paralegal (Employment Law)
To join established legal consultancy specialising in a range of products including the recruitment and employment law side. Full or possibly part-time hours.
You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, and ideally will be able to work largely unsupervised, although as part of a team. A background in commercial contracts, dispute resolution, employment law or recruitment related issues would be ideal. Attention to detail is essential and working knowledge of issues surrounding social media, as well as familiarity with up to date technology. On the job training in specifics relating to recruitment law will be provided. Previous experience relating to recruitment businesses whether internal or external and/or HR would be very helpful
Key Responsibilities may include;
- Managing varied case load for corporate clients, assessing cases and advising on likely outcomes
- Advising clients on options for dispute settlement
- Preparing cases for court and liaising with counsel
- Contract drafting amending and advice
- Presenting occasional web broadcasts and/or talking at seminars & workshops
- Employment and Recruitment Law
- Research - possible audit work
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Potential to grow department and lead a team with excellent prospects for the right candidate demonstrating enthusiasm and ambition
Hours 37.5 per week - Monday to Friday. Salary range according to knowledge and experience £28K to £40K (some flexibility in hours considered) opportunity for profit related bonus scheme. Preferably local to the Brighton area, but not essential.