Company Description: Elegance International, School of Professional Makeup is located in Hollywood, California. Our mission at Elegance International is to provide students with comprehensive training in all aspects of professional makeup artistry with an emphasis on professional and artistic skills. Our goal at Elegance International is to provide students with a firm and supportive learning environment in which they may develop their professional skills.
Job Opportunity: We are seeking trained, energetic, artistic and articulate Makeup Artist Instructors (full-time and part-time). Our Instructors are responsible for providing and sustaining an effective learning environment for every student through well- prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation and feedback on student progress, and support of academic success for all students.
Level of Experience
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working as a Professional Makeup Artist (Freelance, Agency, Salon/Spa, Bridal, Retail, etc.) and no less than 2 years of teaching experience.
- Candidates should possess experience with and knowledge of terminology, techniques, products and tools related to proper makeup application including but not limited to: safety, sanitation and hygiene; color theory, foundation selection and application; color cosmetic selection and application; and natural, bridal and glamour makeup.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of teaching methods, curriculum and knowledge of the ability to apply relevant current education methodologiesand techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of various makeup products.
- Candidates for Film and Television courses require considerable experience with HD makeup techniques for print, TV and/or film, airbrushing, basic special makeup effects applications such as: aging with buildups & cosmetics, injuries and bruises, facial hair application, creation of false tattoos and covering techniques, bald cap applications, rigging effects, application of gelatin, silicone, latex & foam latex appliances, out-of-the-kit build up applications, creation and development of horror characters for films.
- Candidates for Tech Lab/Special Effects courses require considerable experience, with sculpting, molding, painting, appliance materials such as Polyurethane foam, Gelatin, Foam Latex, Silicone & GFA.
- Candidates for the Theater courses require extensive knowledge of facial contouring with highlights and shadows, application of hand laid hair and wax buildups, injury simulation for stage, aging characters; character breakdown & development
- Candidates for the Beauty course require considerable experience in normal and corrective contouring techniques, base blending, color theory, product knowledge, sanitation standards, mature makeup techniques, bridal and red carpet looks.
Level of Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
Role: Instructor - Makeup Artist
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.