PRIME is the premier electrical contractor in Seattle and in the San Francisco Bay area and is searching for the right candidate to join our team as an Estimator. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid team with room for growth and development. PRIME Northern California has two Bay Area office locations in San Jose and Dublin, CA. This position is based in the San Jose office, with occasional travel to the Dublin office. This is an immediate full-time opening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Primary focus is electrical estimating, including technology and all low‐voltage systems.
· Must have the ability to prepare detailed electrical estimates based on limited, conceptual design information
· Developing project scope of work
· Developing project take‐offs, and equipment counts based upon the specifications and drawings
· Participate in the value engineering process
· Develop, update and maintain unit cost figures
· Prepare General Conditions estimates
· Support Business Development in proposal creation
· Minimum 3-5 years of electrical estimating experience in commercial/industrial/high‐tech and hospital industries.
· Experience evaluating, and estimating design/build contract work preferred.
· Must be knowledgeable and competent at quickly evaluating and estimating VE solutions.
· Must possess effective communication skills and have the aptitude to assist in the training of junior estimators and other Prime Team Members concerning estimating procedures/software.
· Must possess concrete knowledge of structural, architectural and mechanical documents and their impact on an electrical scope.
· Knowledge of, and experience with, Accubid is essential. Experience with Live Count is a plus.
· Ability to handle multiple projects at a time working within a team environment or independently is crucial.
· Must have the ability to work in a fast‐paced environment and must possess a strong work ethic.
· Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
· Must be able to review BOM of subcontractors, suppliers and material quotes; determine completeness, compliance with bid documents; and make recommendations to Executives.
· Knowledge of NEC, local codes and construction methods.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
· Compensation: DOE
· Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage ‐ covers employee & dependents with no premium cost to employee
· 401k Program w/ Direct Benefit; Generous Profit Sharing and Discretionary Bonus Programs
· Life and Disability Benefit ‐ both long and short-term disability included with no premium cost to employee
· Education Reimbursement Benefit
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Travel Benefit
· Wellness Program which includes paid health club membership
· Legal Services Benefit
APPLY AT: #removed#
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Role: Electrical Estimator
Location: San Jose,
Apply for this job now.