At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Roush has an immediate opening for a Senior Automotive Body Mechanisms Engineer to join our team. The Senior Automotive Body Mechanisms Engineer is a design and release engineer for automotive body mechanisms and hardware. The role works on projects for large and small customers. The Senior Automotive Body Mechanisms Engineer packages, specifies, and designs various types of body hardware and mechanisms including door latches, hinges, handles, window regulators, wiper systems, seat mechanisms and other mechanical components. This position is located in Allen Park, MI.
- Interface with and provide direction to CAD designers
- Participate in design reviews with other engineers and propose solutions to issues
- Present designs to customers and describe how mechanism or hardware designs will address customer needs
- Prepare supplier specifications for suppliers and work with them to design and provide appropriate hardware and mechanisms for the application
- Work with other engineers to achieve holistic design solutions for projects
- Create knowledge-based items specific to area of expertise
- Bachelor of Science in engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience in automotive body engineering
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with mechanisms and hardware
- Experience conducting presentations and management reviews
- Hands-on troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team
- Ability to provide robust solutions to complex problems in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ability to act as a liaison between various groups and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's degree in engineering
- 5 years of body structure or closures development experience in automotive with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Tier 1 suppliers
- Familiarity with OEM processes and documentation for design, release, testing and quality
- Functional proficiency of a major Computer-Aided Design (CAD) system, Catia, Siemens NX or Solid Works
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Our Full-Time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: #removed#
Like us on Facebook: #removed#/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at #removed#.
Powered by JazzHR