$17.00 to $19.00 hourly
A Payroll Clerk position has opened up at a growing company that Robert Half has partnered with whose duties include supporting the Production department in a variety of duties. This role is located in the Lawrenceburg, Indiana area. This advanced position is best suited for a self-starter looking to further their career and work with an industry leader. The ideal candidate would be able to effectively communicate with both the internal team and outside customers. The Payroll Clerk's daily functions may consist of data entry, reconciliation of timecards, paycheck distribution and providing statements to various departments. This Payroll Clerk opportunity is a long-term contract / temporary to full-time employment role.
- Data entry into spreadsheets and the payroll system
- Run and build custom reports
- Reach out to employees via phone and email to obtain timesheet approvals
- Craft and deliver training to employees on the use of proper payroll practices, including timesheet entry and online methods of accessing pay statements
- Compile a system of administering and distributing reports
- Collect and enter data into spreadsheets and the payroll system
- Perform basic clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etcJob Requirements:
- Accurate, swift, data entry abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Great attention to detail
- 1+ years of previous payroll experience
- Skillful in learning new processes and systems
- Prior knowledge in Payroll software
- Foundational knowledge in Workforce Time & Attendance
- Payroll experience
- Attendance Reports experience
- Solid understanding of Kronos Timekeeping System
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skill
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.