About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved by supporting our fundraising team. We support and arrange a large number of fundraising activities, events and collections across the country. We know everyone is different and will try to tailor the volunteering opportunity to suit you, your time and your skills.
Typical tasks include
- Arranging and organising fundraising activities or events
- Shaking a bucket at a collection near you
- Supporting people who raise money for us
- Placing donation boxes in your community
- Co-ordinating Red Cross Week fundraising activity
- Actively supporting or organising participation at events, walks, marathons and collections
- Active promotion of Red Cross Week, the British Red Cross and what we do
About the person
- Enthusiasm, organisational and people skills.
- An interest in meeting people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Own means of transport would be beneficial.
- Minimum age 16. We value the energy and enthusiasm that young people can bring to this role. Certain tasks may, however, be unavailable to under 18's and parental consent, risk assessment and safeguarding considerations will apply.
What We Offer:
- A role to suit your skills and interests to raise funds for our work in the UK and abroad
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- The knowledge that you are making a difference to people's lives
- Real appreciation and effort to utilise your existing skills
- Learning opportunities so you can represent the Red Cross with confidence
- Ability to build on existing or gain skills in organising, liaising and presenting to others
About the Team
Making a difference, one penny at a time.
Fundraising is the building block of the Red Cross, without it there'd be no Emergency First Aid, no Refugee Support, and no Disaster Relief. We're a busy bunch, with our team doing loads of different things, but we all share the same goal - to help those that need it most.
From ground level all the way to devising corporate fundraising strategies, we're a diverse team who never forgets that every penny raised could go to saving the life of someone in crisis.
Here's a little bit more about us...
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK; get the support they need if crisis strikes.
From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in a new country - we're there when you need us. Our goal is to connect human kindness with human crisis.
We're part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and we believe in the power of kindness.
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
We support a huge range of people and we recruit for a diverse workforce - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
Role: Fundraising Volunteer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Apply for this job now.