Award-winning Interior Design firm is looking for a Business Development Intern. This opportunity is open to graduate students, undergraduate seniors, or qualified individuals interested in working in the Interior Design and Decoration Industries.
If you are interested in architecture, interior design, and decoration and enjoy working alongside a talented European Design Team, we would love to meet you! We are currently expanding our operations by launching our firm’s signature shop/showroom and online store. We are an International company with presence in Europe and international projects worldwide.
Applicants must have entrepreneurial aspirations and be motivated to work creatively and independently. We are looking for someone who is ready and able to think outside the box and use logic and creativity to solve problems. This internship will give you an inside look at what is required to run a small interior design business and launch a complex online platform. You must be willing to learn and adapt to the tasks set before you.
Our new platform is an online destination offering carefully curated and sustainably crafted interior accessory sets. We are a small company based in Miami, FL with offices in Estonia with a highly skilled design team led by internationally renowned interior designer, Piret Johanson. One of our missions is to encourage and support the trade of artisans promoting traditional craft in order to prevent them from disappearing.
Internship Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist with business coordination/management/development
- Assist in the development of online sales in cooperation with the internal design team and external companies
- Request, summarize, and analyze data
- Work with cross functional teams to solve a business problem from ideation to launch
- Create process flow diagrams for different products and procedures
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with field and operations leaders
- Prepare materials for internal presentations, memos and projects
- Assist in handling needs assessment and cost/benefit analysis to align the technology of the company with business strategy
- Maintaining progress reports and schedules
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Assist with coordination between the offices, establishing an effective communication system between employees, and evaluating staff needs is essential. Implementation into an effectively performing system.
- Development of the company structure and budget management.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment and is excited to play a pivotal role in supporting the growth of our new platform. While experience largely comes into play in our search, we seek employees with positive attitudes who are team players as these elements are what define great performers. Flexible interns must be willing to participate in all areas of business.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
· Knowledge of QuickBooks, Photoshop/Illustrator, CRM, Email Marketing Platforms
· Multi-tasking genius with skills to prioritize and get projects DONE
· An organized and motivated individual who is willing to be flexible and approaches each new project with excitement and dedication
An ideal candidate is:
- Flexible - Interns must be willing to participate in all areas of our business.
- Self-motivated - Tasks assigned are integral to our business, making high-level performance a must. Feedback is given often to ensure our interns are always improving.
- A quick learner - Our environment is constantly moving and interns will be required to keep up. Our program is designed to give participants skills they will use throughout their careers regardless of industry.
Job Type: part-time, minimum 3 days a week to full-time, depending upon qualifications.
Salary and Benefits:
Hourly pay will be offered after trial/training period based on qualifications.
Interns who produce excellent work will be provided with glowing recommendations and references at the end of the internship and or an opportunity for long-term employment at our company.
Role: Business Development Assistant/Intern
Apply for this job now.