Google Cloud Site Reliability EngineerFlexible UK Locations - hybrid workingSalary: £55-65k + bonus + benefits
My Global Financial Services client is looking for a Cloud SRE
to join their growing team located in various UK locations (London, Halifax, Leeds, Manchester, Edinburgh or Bristol)
on a hybrid working pattern. Cloud SRE Responsibilities:
- Our Cloud Services department is looking for a motivated individual to ensure that our products are reliable, focusing on keeping services running while simultaneously supporting programme timescales and business outcomes.
- Responsible for improving our engineering capability to support our operational requirements, utilising Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD technologies.
- Working to keep our products evergreen and reliable as cloud technologies continue to move at a fast-pace
- Supporting our customers during office hours and also as part of our 24x7 out-of-hours callout rota, investigating & fixing service issues using engineering principles - resolving via code changes and implementing improvements to prevent repeat issues
- Delivering improvements to our products by reducing manual effort and toil, automating processes and controls to drive better products and give our customers a better experience
- Helping to improve our capabilities in areas such as observability, automation and collaboration
What you get in return:
- Some practical experience of public cloud technology in either GCP, Azure or AWS
- Able to review, update and write code in a language/script, such as Python, Groovy, BASH, HCL
- Understand the software development life cycle and some knowledge of automation tooling
- Providing support at Cloud platform, infrastructure or application level
- Automating away manual work
- Some knowledge of understanding of Cloud security and networking
- Ability to resolve incidents and problems, providing logical approach to tackling problems, using data to drive the right decisions
Sound like you? Please send across your updated CV, and we can arrange a confidential conversation to discuss in more detail.
- Up to 10% bonus + performance bonus
- 4% flexi cash bonus
- Hybrid working pattern
- Pension contribution up 15%
- Private healthcare