Calamar is currently searching for qualified applicants for the position of Paralegal to join our team at our North Tonawanda, NY office location.
In the role of Paralegal, the individual will; assist with the preparation of legal documents, research background information related to legal issues, collect data, records, and files; organized correctly and consistently in a pre-established manner. They will draft routine correspondence, contracts and/or legal documents. The position may respond to interrogatories, coordinate requests between internal and external counsel, and will take/transcribe dictation.
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Paralegal Studies; Bachelor’s Degree in Law preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant; construction/development/property management legal administration experience preferred
- The individual must be extremely competent in Microsoft Outlook and Word; possess exceptional organizational skills and keen oral/written communication abilities.
- Experience in the completion of the following tasks highly preferred
- Commercial real estate closing preparation
- Creation of loan closing documents
- Administration of corporate resolution documents
- Management of complex construction AIA and billing agreements
- Founding of LLCs
- Transmittal management
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proficient business acumen; this position will be working side by side with our General Counsel and Executive team members
Calamar offers an extremely competitive benefits package complete with health care, vision, dental, 401k, PTO and Holidays. We look forward to speaking with you!
Calamar is a full-service real estate organization comprised of construction, development, property & asset management and finance & investment divisions for commercial and large-scale residential properties in the Northeast, Midwest and Atlantic regions. Calamar is headquartered in a suburb of Buffalo, New York.
Apply for this job now.