Part-time 25 hour benefits eligible position available. Individual will perform the following duties:
- Variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting and polishing
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Notify supervisors of any damages, deficits and disturbances
- Respond to internal clients with professionalism and patience
- Check stocking levels of all consumables and replace when appropriate
- Adhere strictly to rules regarding health and safety and be aware of any company-related practices.
- Must have valid drivers license and transportation
- Proven experience as a cleaner or housekeeper
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Customer-oriented and friendly
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Working quickly without compromising quality
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service)
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial incentive
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.
Based alongside Lake Champlain in the outdoor playground of Burlington, Vermont, Howard Center is a human service organization with a long and rich history as a trusted provider in the community. Over more than 140 years Howard Center has led the charge for progressive, compassionate, high quality, and equitable care and treatment for those members of our community in need.
Today, as the largest of the 16 organizations in Vermont that comprise the state system of care, our staff of 1,600 provides services in 60 locations and serves more than 15,000 community members yearly.
Howard Center's programs serve individuals at all stages of life and with a wide range of highly specialized needs. Please view the full list of Howard Center programs at #
Howard Center's workplace wellness program, HC4ME is a multi-year recipient of a Vermont Governor's Council on Physical Fitness & Sports award. In addition to coordinating physical fitness groups for Howard Center staff and providing ongoing advocacy and education on wellness in the workplace, the committee holds an annual wellness fair for staff which includes access to information and prizes from local wellness-focused businesses, chair massages, flu shots, and other health-focused activities.
Role: Building Cleaning Services Technician
Apply for this job now.