£32,000 - £36,000 pa
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications). The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are relevant Nursing qualifications for the UK. Experience working in a paediatric nursery capacity is essential.
January 2021 start date
Maternity Cover Post
Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and qualified School Nurse to work in an independent preparatory school in Hampstead. The School Nurse works to provide a clinically effective, high quality service of nursing care to pupils and first aid care to all members of the school community. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a meaningful and fulfilling contribution to the school community. They will be expected to work closely with parents, teaching staff, support staff and other healthcare providers to ensure seamless and continuous care is provided to the pupils. The School Nurse plays a lead role in ensuring pupils with medical conditions, in terms of both physical and mental health, are properly supported in school so that they can play a full and active role in school life, remain healthy and achieve their academic potential.
- School Nurse
- Provide first aid and emergency care to all members of the school community as necessary.
- Ensure individual care plans and treatment protocols are developed and written for those pupils requiring them in consultation with the pupils themselves, parents, other medical providers, and teaching staff. Provide training and support to relevant staff with regard to the care of pupils with identified medical or health needs.
- Take lead responsibility for the School's First Aid Policy and contribute to the H&S Policy and other policies where there is a health or medical input required.
- Maintain medical records accurately, confidentially and safely using the School's management system (Sims) as your primary source.
- Support, and be an advocate of, the school's approach to good mental health and for the pupils and staff
- Full Time, maternity cover post from January 2021
- Coeducational preparatory school
- Children aged 3-14 years
- Large school, set over two sites located close to each other
- Supportive leadership structure in place
- Collaborative school with a strong sense of teamwork
- Hampstead, NW London
To be considered for the School Nurse position, you will have:
- Relevant Nursing qualifications valid to practice in the UK
- Proven experience working as a paediatric nurse
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned educ