Brand new role through company expansion and growth within our HVAC business. We're looking to bring in an Engineer / Technical Manager with strong product experience of industrial fans, who can help to shape this business unit technically and drive it forwards. We welcome applications from R&D, Design, Test, Quality Assurance professionals or similar within Industrial fans. We need to buy the product knowledge in, is that you?
BASIC SALARY: £45,000 to £50,000 depending on experience
· Up to 5% Annual Bonus
· Company Car or Car Allowance
· 4 x Salary Life Assurance
· 25 Days Holiday Allowance
· Working from home with visits to site projects and regional offices
LOCATION: South-West Midlands
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Leicester, Derby, Burton Upon Trent, Stafford, Royal Leamington Spa, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Kidderminster, Stratford Upon Avon, Worcester, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Hereford, Leominster, Ludlow.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Manager - Industrial Fans
Reporting into the Head of Technical, this is an interesting and varied role, where we need you to bring the technical knowledge of industrial fans to our HVAC business. In this role you'll have the flexibility of a start-up, but the backing of a well-established brand and business to be successful in your role as our new Technical Manager for Industrial Fans.
You'll work with our three other technical experts (who cover various areas of the HVAC applications), your experience of industrial fans will allow us to better deliver our aftersales service contracts (which we currently sub-out to another organisation) to markets such as car parks, multi-dwellings and commercial large-scale buildings.
By bringing it all in house, you'll play a key role in maximising our profitability, improve product quality, product reliability and any warranty related issues, whilst helping us to hire more engineers/technical staff and upskill our existing service and sales teams accordingly, all from your strong product knowledge of industrial fans.
This role will involve office, customer site and field-based work and would also work very closely with the UK Service Manager and his regional service teams, so you'll not be expected to be in the office every day.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Technical Manager - Industrial Fans
Your key responsibilities as our Technical Manager:
· Provide technical support to our team of over 50 service engineers in the field. They will look to you for your knowledge of airflow, inverters and bearings
· Devise a business strategy for the Fans Division with the support from the National Service Manager and the UK Technical Manager
· Help to drive and improve the quality and reliability of our industrial fans
· Be involved in upskilling our existing teams internally and externally across all areas of service, sales and support, especially when new products are developed and released
· Identify knowledgeable colleagues in the service team that can become product experts and help to recruit further technical staff across our growing business unit for fans
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Technical Manager - Industrial Fans
· Your education will likely be Mechanical, Mechatronics or Materials Engineering and we don't mind if that is through an apprenticeship or through university
· You'll have a solid understanding product understanding of fans which could come from a variety o