Pay: GBP67-GBP80 per day dependent on experience
Duration: Full Time (Monday-Friday)
Start Date: September 2021
Language: Fluent Welsh speaker
Teaching Personnel are currently seeking to employ an enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work in a Welsh Medium Primary School in Pontyclun. If you are an NQT looking for more experience within the classroom, this may also be an ideal opportunity for you.
The school have requested we source outgoing and passionate individuals to help support them and their requirements. Successful applicants will ideally hold an LSA qualification, although unqualified staff with relevant experience and the right attitude will be considered.
The HLTA role adds further support to those teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior than a Teaching Assistant and comes with added responsibilities. A HLTA may be required to teach classes on their own at times or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark.
As an HLTA you will be expected to:
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualifications at Level 3 minimum
- Have a minimum of two years' experience in a teaching assistant role
- Be able to communicate and teach through the medium of Welsh
Typical duties of a HLTA include:
- Teaching small groups of students
- Offering cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organising classroom activities - planning and setting out resource
- Providing verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promoting the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Working with teaching staff to evaluate pupils' learning progress
- Contributing to observation and assessment in classroom environments
To apply, please attach an updated CV to your application and/or email me at #removed# To get fully vetted and ready for work we will need a 6-year career history, recent references, a current DBS, and proof of right to work in the country (passport or birth certificate).
It is legal requirement to prosses a Child Only DBS and to be registered with the Education Workforce Council prior to working in any Primary School in Wales. Teaching Personnel can help with obtaining all these requirements prior to entering the school.
We look forward to hearing from you!