Our client, a utility company, is seeking a computer operator to join their print shop in North San Antonio. This is for a 6 month temporary assignment with shifts between 7am and 11pm. The Computer Operator is responsible for monitoring the console messages while running print jobs to meet deadlines and mailing requirements.
- Monitors system messages for printing progress.
- Troubleshoots and identifies problems, while communicating with supervisor, help desk, systems staff, and internal customers, to assure necessary tasks are completed for proper output.
- Operates and maintains printers to include printing customer water bills and distributes as requested.
- Identifies problems and performs routine maintenance on equipment, checks various error indicators and makes necessary adjustments to equipment to assure equipment remains operational until technician can be dispatched.
- Contacts maintenance technicians when necessary to keep equipment in good operational status.
- Four years' experience performing computer operations responsibilities.
- Ability to print scheduled jobs.
- Ability to use Laser printing systems.
- Preferred: Experience using scheduling tools such as CA Workload.
- Preferred: Experience using Xerox high light color printers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Subject to standing and walking for long periods of time to perform job scope. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment with regular exposure to mechanical equipment and moderate noise and vibration levels.
- Willing and able to work shifts between 7am and 11pm
And now a little about us: LeadingEdge Personnel is a FUN and professional staffing agency, Texas owned and operated for over 22 years! Our goal is to help you find your next career move. LeadingEdge Personnel focuses on temp, temp- to-hire and direct hire placements throughout the Austin & San Antonio area. We staff for the best because we attract the best employees. We can't wait to help you achieve your next dream job!
Role: Computer Operator - Print Shop
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.