Medicare First are currently an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Looked After Children's Team (LAC) for a Local Authority based in Stafordshire area.
As a Social Worker within the Children in Need/Family Support Team, you will work with families that have long-term complex issues, require more than three months' intervention, and where children are subject to child protection or child in need plans or where children can no longer live at home and care proceedings need to be initiated.
- Respond flexibly and rapidly to requests for interventions and support packages to maintain young people with their families in the community.
- Work closely with colleagues in Children's Specialist Services to monitor and review cases as part of the council's strategy to reduce the number of children and young people becoming looked after by the local authority.
- Responsibility for the negotiation and allocation of appropriate service provision to clients and their families: through the determination of service provision contracts with providers, ensuring that the complex needs of users are met, providing value for money.
- Work to meet the standards required to fulfil Section 17 and 47 reports
- Initiate and attend court proceedings where appropriate. Writing court reports as required
What you will receive from us
- Medicare First is a first-tier recruitment provider to local authorities so you will have access to opportunities before they reach many other agencies
- Opportunity as a Medicare First worker to access continued lines of work
- Excellent rates of pay both (Umbrella companies, Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Regularly meetings and visits with your consultant
- Quick and Easy Registration Process
Please call Cindia Pina on [... Click Apply...], if you think you meet the recruitments.