A school in South Manchester is seeking a Science Teacher to join the teaching staff on a temporary basis.
Start Date: 4th January 2021
Pay annually: £25,000 - £41,000
Requirements for this position: The applicant must hold QTS.
Highlights of this science teaching role:
- Delivering general science curriculum, across Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Ensuring students are aware of health and safety procedures when in the laboratory.
- Working with students with SEN, as well as supporting students with EAL requirements.
- Considering recommendations made by subject leaders based on student performance and subject content.
- Working as part of a large department, being able to work as effectively as possible as part of a team.
- Preparing students for both internal assessments as well as GCSE exams.
- Opportunity to progress onto a school based contract following 1 term on supply for the successful science teacher.
- The ability to work with support staff within the department.
The required individual will be able offer individual support to students who struggle with the subject - this is crucial in the schools overall outlook in looking to support disengaged pupils. It is expected that the required individual will be able to manage behaviour, as well as acknowledge and aplpy relevant school policies related to Covid-19 protocol.
The school is located in the central Manchester area. It is therefore easy to access for teachers travelling from the central and south Manchester areas. Being central, the metrolink services the school well as well as the local bus network.
If you are a science teacher looking ahead to January for a full time teaching position at a well regarded secondary school, then apply now for consideration.