As a Transportation Broker, you will be responsible for developing relationships with customers and arranging freight transportation to meet their needs. The most successful freight brokers are comfortable working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving and organizational skills. In this role, an individual will be accountable for ensuring that all aspects of their customers’/ carriers’ freight processes are operating at maximum potential, that full truckload shipments are being covered for customers, and that LTL shipments are effectively managed.
- Research and production of potential customers/carriers
- Accessing customer/carrier needs and providing solutions
- Utilizing the tools and software provided to assist customers/carriers
- Price negotiation of freight
- Dispatch capacities
- Cold Calling
- Facilitating shipments with excellent customer service and with on time delivery/pickups
Key Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong customer service skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong people skills including ability to build relationships with customers.
- Must be goal oriented and self-motivated to drive results.
- Superior time management skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to demonstrate appropriate phone and email etiquette.
- Team player with a positive attitude that remains focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Negotiation skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of one-year relevant work experience in sales, logistics, and brokerage will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
Founded in 1999, Versant has grown from our origins as a small brokerage operation to become a leading comprehensive supply chain services provider. Our success is a result of our focus on three core values: Versatility, Expertise and Momentum.
VERSATILITY - We believe that excellence in routine operations is a basic expectation of customers. As it should be. So we add value by going beyond meeting those expectations to resolve the logistical challenges that fall outside standard procedure. Versatility in attitude and skills is so core to the Versant culture that the very concept inspired our name.
EXPERTISE - Versant can certainly boast many years of success in providing supply chain solutions to blue chip clients. Adding to this depth of experience, however, is a unique breadth of expertise that spans every aspect of transportation, distribution and staffing.
MOMENTUM - With all of our focus on service and performance, we never forget that the essential objective is a more productive supply chain for our customers. That’s why we tailor our offerings to meet your needs, on your schedule, for maximum efficiency. We will do whatever it takes to bring the value of momentum to your supply chain.
Role: Freight Broker
Apply for this job now.