Come join our team at the Art City Trolley! We make people feel Valued, Important, and Appreciated. We base hourly pay off of performance, not experience or length of time at the restaurant. We offer competitive pay, training and resources for you to succeed. We're closed Sundays.
Must be able to work one weekend night
Responsibilities and Duties
- Keep food prep areas and equipment clean to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Season and cook food according to recipes.
- Grill, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables.
- Assists in food prep as needed.
- Clean and close the kitchen at the end of a night shift.
Qualifications and Skills
- Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
On Feb. 5, 1994, the Art City Trolley Restaurant officially opened its doors. After locating the 1931 Brill Bullet Trolley car in an almost abandoned state some six months earlier, Jeff and Kelly Decker along with numerous family members and friends restored the Trolley Car and converted it into a small roadside diner that boasted seating for 26 people. Thanks to a supportive community, (and some great food), 2 years later the small diner grew to a seating capacity of 115 with the addition of the “Trolley Station” that stands today.
The original menu has evolved from favorites like the Baby Back Ribs that won “Zagat’s Dinning Guide” for “Best BBQ in the State”, to the legendary Art City Special Salad. In January 2009 we reached another milestone by becoming one of “Utah Valley’s Best Choice” for Salads. As always we use the freshest ingredients and original recipes concocted from scratch here in the restaurant.
Role: Kitchen Staff
Apply for this job now.