Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Dudley Borough Council to provide them a with a Payroll Officer to join their team on a Contract Basis!
**ITRENT EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS POSITION**
To provide a professional solution focused Transactional HR Service across the Council and Schools under the direction of the Payroll Manager. Day to day supervision of allocated Transactional Administrators and support staff. Responsible for monitoring and allocation of transactions and the monthly payroll processing schedule. Working with other colleagues within the division in ensuring that HR/Payroll transactional services provided meet performance standards. Support the delivery of a professional HR Transactional Service across the Council and Schools Traded Service.
- Ensure deadlines are met and payrolls processed in accordance with published dates.
- Monitoring the scheduling and allocation of HR/Payroll transactions ensuring deadlines are adhered to eg pay cut off dates, completion of payroll paperwork, contract variations, appropriate delegation of transactional activities etc
- Oversee payroll tasks relating to processing of starters, leavers and changes etc.
- Monitor the inputting of data and other activities ensuring that quality control measures are enforced, checking for accuracy, and identifying training needs for the team members.
- Undertake Pre and post payroll checking and produce exception reports.
- Responsible for the monthly payroll running process within stipulated deadlines • Deal with complex manual calculation of payments/deductions (including gross to net values)
- Dealing with special cheque/bacs requests including authorisation and maintaining records
- Oversee the recovery of overpayment process
- Support the implementation of iTrent payroll system developments
- To understand and ensure compliance with relevant legislation including data protection, HMRC, LGPS and Teachers Pensions, SSP, Tax, NI, national and local conditions of service.
- Advise on occupational maternity, paternity, adoption etc and any other transactional payroll matters as appropriate.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Matt Byrne-Fraser @ Spencer Clarke group - #removed#
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers