Position Summary: The Sr. Systems Administrator will work in support of the United States Army. Business casual work environment with exposure to cutting-edge technologies.
Scope: Works as a member of a team. No budgetary responsibilities.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Supervises and manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Plans and monitors the optimizing of system operation and resource utilization, and performs systems capacity analysis and planning.
- Plans and monitors assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Has expertise with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Typically reports to a project leader or project manager..
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in area of specialty and at least 5-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. A combination of 4 additional years of education, technical training and equivalent experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- Security+ required.
- Microsoft environmental certificate strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with a team environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- US Citizenship is required and must be able to pass a background investigation in order to gain access to the client site and computer systems.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Usual office working conditions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time using a personal computer.
- Some moderate physical effort required. Ability to lift PCs, printers, and other hardware.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Work Location: Arrowpoint Site, Tysons Corner, VA.
Travel: Travel in local area may be required.
Since 2000, Arrowpoint Corporation has delivered premiere information technology and consulting services to our clients in the government and private sector.
Specializing in information systems and technology services, Arrowpoint Corporation is a small business prime contractor of choice for the U.S. Army. Arrowpoint is located within the D.C. metropolitan area in McLean, Virginia.
Arrowpoint has an exciting track record of success in providing high quality IT software development and network services to government agencies and commercial clients. Through experience, quality personnel, and performance, Arrowpoint continues to deliver reliably managed professional services for our clients.
Arrowpoint also delivers superior customer support to the DoD and government agencies in the areas of human resources/capital program support services, engineering and specialized design services, and professional research and consulting services.
Role: Sr Systems Administrator
Apply for this job now.