Company: CUSTOM PROTECTIVE SERVICES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Well established NYC based firm with an extensive track record of success in the development and acquisition of office, residential, retail, and hotel properties has an immediate need for a Non-Union Commercial Building Handyman with at least 5 years of experience performing all handyman skills such as, but not limited to:
• Plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, lighting, carpentry, drywall, plastering, painting, door/lock repair, etc.
• Knowledge of building systems including, boiler & HVAC systems, electrical & plumbing systems, fire protection systems, security/access systems, elevators, BMS, etc.
A successful candidate should be a team player, career-oriented, reliable & accountable with a willingness to learn. Proactive & responsible with the ability to inspect the property and recognize & address issues before they arise while conducting themselves in a professional manner at all times.
• Should currently hold or be able to obtain FDNY certificates F-89 FLSD (fire life safety director), S-12 (sprinkler), S-13 (standpipe), P-99 (low-pressure oil burner operator).
• Ability to adapt and perform in a fast-paced environment, quickly and thoroughly become familiar with the property, procedures/protocols & building systems.
• Assist with supervising contractors/vendors, tenant issues & all other building-related issues while performing all assigned tasks.
• Must be able to work directly with supervisors, with others & independently under minimal supervision.
• Enforce and uphold all building protocols, rules, and regulations.
• Perform all duties in a professional workmanlike manner.
• Available to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
• Flexibility a must for evenings, weekends, holidays, unscheduled shifts, and special assignments.
Hourly Pay Rate: $21-$25 (Depending on experience & FDNY Certs)
Full Time with benefits including:
• Dental • 401K • Transit check • Paid Time Off
Please submit your resume with a cover letter.
High School Diploma/GED required.
Applicant must pass a drug screening.
Powered by JazzHR