GENERAL SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The foundation of a strong manufacturing organization is open communication and the willingness to cooperate in resolving problems. The most important aspect intertwined within your job function is your ability to interact with people. The position is an integral part in the management of all aspects of the assigned job responsibilities and functions in relationship to Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and People, to support the overall company goals and objectives.
- Compliance to the Quality Management System, Environmental Management System, Safety Practices, and Management Operating System documents relative to job duties.
- Comply with company rules and practices in compliance with the Employee Handbook
- Comply with 5S housekeeping practices and maintain a clean, organized work environment
- Support and participate in Lean Enterprise/Manufacturing initiatives throughout the organization including but not limited to Kaizen, Kan Ban, OEE, SMED, 6 Sigma, etc.
- Support specific objectives and targets that support departmental company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding requirements for cost targets within your functional areas, including but not be limited to: meet/exceed hourly production rates, reducing scrap, consistent conformance to customer requirements, maintaining production tooling, meet/exceed customer delivery schedules, etc.
- Responsible for promoting and demonstrating a team philosophy in accomplishing the division’s goals and objectives
- Be instrumental in achieving divisional safety goals by working in a safe manner and reporting hazardous conditions to management through the proper channels
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record
- Ability to stand 8-10 hours; twist, turn and bend to floor. Exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Strong overall knowledge of product lines and understanding of visual standards.
- Perform part inspections, using documented procedures.
- Perform incoming receiving inspection, using documented procedures.
- Perform x-ray inspection, using x-ray machine and documented procedures.
- Perform metal verification testing, using spectrometer and documented procedures.
- Ability to operate CMM equipment.
- Ability to write CMM programs, in a timely manner.
- Ability to use the CMM to perform manual inspections, to identify/verify part and/or product specifications.
- Perform first and last piece layout inspections, using documented procedures.
- Perform in-process layouts required by production; as defined by part specific control plans or customer specific procedures.
- Maintain ongoing process control charts; report out of control conditions and irregularities to engineering group for corrective action.
- Perform gage calibration and capability tests on a regular schedule. The manager should be notified if the gage calibration schedule falls behind.
- Ability to trouble shoot, diagnose, and repair gages.
- Assist in quoting, and ordering of replacement and new gages as required.
- Maintain the quality lab in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assist with PPAP submittals as directed.
- Periodically review and update inspection, and other, instructions in conjunction with other personnel.
- Continually audit the statistical studies, gaging methods, frequencies, etc., implemented on the inspection floor.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for system enhancements (software, gaging, critical characteristics, reports, etc.
- Assist with container sorting and part repacking, as required.
- Support production with hi-lo, machine operation, prepping components, prepping shipments, container labelling, as required.
- Perform other duties as required
High School diploma /GED or prior work experience
Ability to operate required software and equipment (eg: MS Word, MS Excel, Email, Minitab)
Role: Quality Technician - 2nd Shift
Location: Grand Rapids,
Apply for this job now.