TheMedical Records/Credits Technician maintains the pharmacy generated recordsused for charting purposes at long term care facilities serviced by Pharmacy.This includes physician order sheets (POS), medication administration records(MAR) treatment administration records (TAR), credit records as well as otherforms or reports. These requests are fulfilled per schedule and/or request.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Data Entry of both non-medication and some medicationorders onto patient profiles.
- Process orders received on both daily and monthlyphysician order forms.
- Communicate directly with facility staff to processmedical records requests.
- Print all medical records for the facility.
- Process credits for both daily and monthly physicianorder forms.
- Attention to detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
There is no supervisoryresponsibility for this position
This position operatesin a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacyequipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rollingcarts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in thelong-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that should be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hoursper day
- The employee is occasionally required tosit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawlintermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours asneeded
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The work environment characteristicsdescribed here are representative of those an employee encounters whileperforming the essential functions of this role
Please note this jobdescription is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing ofactivities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee forthis job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time withor without notice.
The is no travel expected for thisposition
Education and Experience
- PharmacyTechnician Certification in good standing for NJ is required.
- High school degree or GED is required
- Strongorganizational and prioritization skills
Behind every scriptthere is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is aseamless pharmacy experience. AtPharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision,persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents,patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing adiverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard togender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexualorientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, stateor local law.
Serving as a long-term care pharmacy is not just about delivering prescriptions it is about providing high quality support and services to our clients, so that they can focus on caring for the patients who need these medications.
As a leading pharmacy provider to long-term care and post-acute care facilities, PharmScript partners with healthcare organizations across nine states. We provide medication and support needed to help our clients deliver patient-centered care to thousands of residents and patients.
Role: Medical Records Technician - 8:30am - 5:00pm
Apply for this job now.