Acute Care, Med Surg Medical Surgical (7 North)
Full-Time - 36 Hours/Week
Both Day & Night Shifts Available
Baylor Scott & White Health is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the state of Texas. With total assets of $9 billion and serving a population larger than the state of Virginia, we have the vision and resources to provide our patients continued quality care while creating a model system for a dramatically changing health care environment. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, Baylor Scott & White Health stands to be one of the nations exemplary health care organizations. What we need:
Were currently seeking full-time experienced (18 Months+) Registered Nurses to join our team at Baylor Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas; The #1 one city in the nation for Nursing opportunities and advancement! Baylor Scott & White Memorial Hospital is a 636-bed specialty care teaching hospital and the only Level 1 Trauma Center between Dallas and Austin. Why Medical Surgical?
This is a Internal Medicine comprehensive medical unit
38 bed telemetry monitored nursing unit provides the opportunity to work with a wide variety of patients ranging in age from adults to geriatrics. The conditions that are within the scope of service for 7 North include:
Floor Culture Highlights:
- Pre & Post ICU patients as well as overflow
- Patients requiring medication regimens
- Patients with impaired respiratory status
- Patients requiring isolation or admission to negative airflow rooms
- Patients requiring nutritional support
- Patients requiring skin and wound care- DHFT, PEGs, Wound Vacs
- Diagnostic procedures including thoracentesis, lumbar puncture, central line placement, paracentesis, collection of specimens, angio-cath , pacemaker insertions and chest tubes.
- Nasogastric Insertion and Maintenance
- Enteral feeding tube Insertion and Maintenance
- Patients requiring cardiac monitoring due to chest pain or arrhythmias
- Patients with GI abnormalities
- Trach care, CBI, IV Therapy
- Psych PTS, Dialysis PTS
- Bowling Team (Go Gutter busters!)
- Shared Governance
- Moral Committees
- Ultimate Team Culture
When you become a member of 7 North you begin your transition into a Nurse All-Star, your clinical skills will grow more than you ever thought possible. On 7 North we strive to take care of patients better than anyone else as well as take care of each other. Team work is the definition of 7 North Director of Nursing Requirements of the Ideal Candidate:
- Graduate of RN School of Nursing
- ADN required; BSN preferred
- Must be licensed to practice professional nursing by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
- Minimum 18 Months of RN experience, Acute Care or Hospital setting preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required.
- Functions competently and effectively under pressure and emergency situations
$8,000 sign-on bonus offered to qualified selected candidates! When you join Baylor Scott & White Health, youre joining a health care system that spans 49 hospitals and more than 800 patient care sites. But more than that, youre part of a family of caregivers, each focused on serving the needs of our communities, our patients and each other. Join us, and together we can improve health care and become a national role model for others to follow!
Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) required
RN license required
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
[Enter other preferred qualifications based upon job description or manager intake session.]
Note: If you have less than 6 months of experience, we recommend that you apply to our nursing internship program. Internships are available for new graduates and experienced nurses in a variety of specialties. New classes begin in January, June, and September.