A secondary school based in Wigan wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant ahead of the new school year in September. With an increased number of pupils set to join the school in September our client school are looking to alleviate the pressure of the classroom teachers.
The school wish to meet with individuals who are experienced in working alongside students aged 11-16, have transferable skills or relevant school based experience.
This position is due to commence in September and will continue through the first term with the view to be taken on a fixed term basis beyond the initial period.
- Full-time Teaching Assistant role starting in September 2021.
- 1 term initially with a view to further employment
- Opportunity to earn up £1000-£1200 a month
- Working with students ages 11-16 during lesson and on a 1:1 basis
- Possible opportunity to cover classes in the absence of the class teacher (Developing key skills if you wish to become a teacher in the future.)
- Previous SEN experience is extremely beneficial.
The incoming Teaching Assistant will be providing support to the class teacher helping them to set-up the lesson and helping it to run smoothly. Whilst the teacher is teaching you will be responsible for ensuring that students remain on task and are engaged completing the work which is being set by the teacher.
You must ensure that all students understand the work that is being set and provide additional guidance and support when needed. It will be your responsibility to monitor behaviour throughout the lesson and reduce instances of low-level disruption. You will have the opportunity to lead small intervention sessions and to support students on a 1:1 basis with students who may be falling behind in their studies.
“The quality of teaching is good. As a result, students maintain their focus and develop their understanding” Ofsted
Our client school;
- Is smaller than the average secondary school in the area and currently has around 900 students on roll.
- Is school is located on the outskirts of the Wigan area.
- Has an excellent team of support staff with staff of all age ranges.
For immediate consideration please send an updated CV via the link below or contact the Manchester Secondary Branch for further information on the number below;