Title: End User Computing Engineer
Duration: 3+ Month Contract to Hire
Conversion salary is $80K-$90K
Years of experience: 7+
- The End User Computing Solutions Engineer provides day to day EUC project support, operational support, technical leadership and request resolution, to the end user communities through the installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of workstations, mobile devices and peripheral equipment.
- Under the direction of the End User Computing Manager, the Engineer will own a problem through to resolution and maintains control of the issue even when assigned to others or third parties.
- Documentation and adherence to policies, procedures and standards of the organization is an important part of this position.
- The Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users.
- Additional responsibilities include supporting the business goals and objectives of the IT organization and the company as a whole.
• Participates in the design, develop and deployment of End User Computing strategies for Devices including Mobile.
• Develop documentation for all projects assigned to in accordance with corporate project management methodologies.
• Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
• Conduct research into software application products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
• Conduct research into hardware products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
• Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
• Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
• Perform L3 troubleshooting relating to Desktops and Mobile Phones.
• Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
• Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Create knowledge base on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
• College or University Degree in computer science, Information Systems or 7 years equivalent work experience
• In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with developing Enterprise Desktop Operating System deployments, SCCM/MDT, Driver management and UDI is a must.
• Experienced in Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration and Upgrade SCCM Task Sequences.
• In-depth knowledge in SCCM Patch management and third-party application updates.
• Experienced in Group Policy for Workstations (GPO/CSP).
• Experienced in designing Disaster Recovery Strategy for End User Computing Systems and PC backup solutions.
• Experience with Merger and Acquisition Device Management would be a plus.
• Hands on Knowledge of mobile devices and applications, including Windows mobile, iOS and Android using AirWatch\Intune would be a Plus.
• Knowledge in SCCM infrastructure and upgrades.
• Experience with scripting languages and techniques, including VBA, PowerShell and scripting for Windows OS would be a plus.
• Experience with software distribution package systems, in Microsoft SCCM or Intune.
• Ability to develop and interpret technical documentation is a must.
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to Modern Workspace Device management.