Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 per annum
Our well established client is looking for a Repairs and Maintenance - Floor Fitter to cover the Cardiff area.
Reporting to the Head of Property, the jobholder will be responsible for undertaking both responsive and planned maintenance tasks to properties within the business. You will be required to carry out repair/installation as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Carry out tasks in occupied and empty properties such as the following:
- Cleaning of existing flooring
- Clearing the work area of furniture and sometimes removing doors
- Preparing the surface by cleaning, and levelling with compound if required
- Cutting and fitting underlay
- Fixing flooring materials by one of several methods such as stretching over spiked grippers, stitching, taping, heat-sealing or gluing
- Moving furniture back into place and re-hanging doors
- Fitting of other materials such as wood, laminates and vinyl
- Removal of old flooring to a suitable place
Painting & Decorating
- Carry out a range of painting and redecoration tasks including prepare and clean surfaces using methods such as scraping, sanding and steam cleaning; remove old wallpaper and loose paint; repair cracks and holes in walls and joinery by applying fillers/ sealant. Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product.
REQUIRED SKILLS:*Previous property floor fitting experience *Good communication skills both verbal and written *Able to work independently or as part of a team *Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software *High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
SALARY, BENEFITS AND HOURS:
- Starting salary £26,000 (plus £4,000 van allowance)
- 33 holiday package (25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays)
- Life Cover (2 x basic salary)
- Employer pension contribution (4% employer, 4% employee)
- Laptop/Phone/other equipment if required as part of job role
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual optical examination
- Referral Scheme
- Westfield Health Membership
- Mon-Fri 40 hours per week 8.30am-5pm
The successful applicant will need a driving licence. You will be required to undertake a DBS check before employment starts.Interested in this permanent role, covering the Cardiff area. Please email or contact me on .