Job Title: Behaviour Mentor
Salary: £18k - 20k (Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.)
Contract: Full time
Smart Teachers are recruiting for experienced Pastoral Behaviour Support mentors to work at a provision in Eltham from March.
The Client is a well-known provision with a “GOOD” OFSTED rating that have a very forward-thinking approach to education. The school believe in a humanistic approach and look to identify the root cause of students' emotional and behavioural difficulties.
You will be working closely with students and be confident in running sessions with them. Working in line with the schools' directives, your goal will be to rebuild students' confidence, and interest in education, which will ultimately help facilitate their social and academic progression.
To be considered for the Behaviour mentor position, you will:
- Be comfortable working with students either one to one or in a small group setting.
- Have previously worked with secondary aged students
- Have previous experience working with challenging behaviour either in a classroom or residential setting
- Have prior experience of working with EHCP (Education Health care plans)
- Have an organised approach to work
- Have a genuine passion and interest in working with SEMH students, and helping enrich their learning experiences
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant or Learning mentor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEND team on 020 7065 7500
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with the Government guidance relating to social distanci