Chichester College have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Teacher of Physics and Electronics. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis (37 hours per week). In return, we will offer a competitive salary of £21,511 - £37,761 per annum.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Haywards Heath, and Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based. Through our colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Teacher of Physics and Electronics, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised local gym membership, plus more
Key Responsibilities of ourTeacher of Physics and Electronics:
- Undertaking teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed
- Ensuring that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner
- Undertaking administration and providing reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters
- Taking an active role in the achievement of high individual student retention and success rates, meeting or surpassing the relevant targets for each
- Developing curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity
- Understanding personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding
- Keeping up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector
- Participating in marketing activities and promoting the College for the purpose of gaining sponsorship, advertising, good public relations and increased recruitment
Our ideal Teacher of Physics and Electronics should have the below skills and experience:
- Relevant subject knowledge
- Working knowledge of the A- level Physics and Electronics Curriculum
- An understanding of safeguarding vulnerable groups
- A Degree in a related subject
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Innovative and creative in meeting the needs of learners
- The ability to obtain an appropriate teaching qualification as defined by the Corporation
Closing date for applications: 12th May 2022
Interview date: 27th May 2022
If you would like to learn more about our Teacher of Physics and Electronicsrole, then please click ‘apply’ today!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.