System One has immediate Lead Android Engineer opening with a thriving start-up client already with close to 70 employees. Strong preference for those in either the New England or Tri-State area.
*We are unable to submit 3rd party/C2C candidates or those who currently require VISA sponsorship.
If interested, please email Matt McDill, Senior IT Recruiter, at #removed#
• Experience building consumer facing mobile apps for Android
• Strong knowledge on Android SDK
• Proficiency with Kotlin ( at least 1-2 years)
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android apps to backend
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles and best practices
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Strong understanding of Android Frameworks and hands on integration of 3rd Party API.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Experience with MVVM architecture.
• Deep knowledge of dependency injection/ data binding/ jetpack architecture.
• Experience writing unit tests with Unit and Mockito.
• Familiarity with CI/CD Pipelines ( for Jenkins/fastlane etc)
• iOS development experience is a plus.
Team Skills :
• Experience working in an Agile environment. (SCRUM/ daily standup etc)
• Working knowledge of JIRA and firebase.
• Good communication skills.
• Detail oriented and curious ( always hungry to learn more / take up new challenges)
• Gets stuff done ( Hit the ground running).
• Self-starter ( highly motivated), passionate about Android.
• Loves working in a team/ team-player.