Handicare Group | Group Finance Director | Kingswinford, West Midlands | £80,000 - £120,000 + £10,000 Car Allowance + Bonus (30% of salary OTE) + Benefits (Pension, Life Assurance – 4x Salary & Private Healthcare)
Handicare, a provider of lifting solutions which increase the independence of physically challenged or elderly people, is a genuine Midlands success story that now boasts a client and customer base that is on a global scale.
From humble beginnings, the business now has manufacturing bases in the UK, Holland and China from which it services customers in nearly every continent in the world and employs around 1,000 people.
Having successfully listed onto the Swedish stock exchange in 2017, the business was acquired in 2021 by Canadian accessibility corporation, Savaria.
As a result of this hugely synergistic transaction, the group finance team for Handicare is moving from Stockholm in Sweden to the West Midlands, UK.
Consequently, The Board of Handicare has retained SF Recruitment to recruit three new roles into the newly created group finance team based in Kingswinford, one of which is the Group Finance Director.
Reporting to the VP of Finance and within a context of continuous growth and support for business operations, the Group Finance Director (GFD) is the strategic business partner to department leads, to ensure development and delivery of business plans and budgets.
The GFD works in close collaboration with Group Finance and the local Handicare Finance teams to ensure overall management of all activities related to financial information and consolidation for Handicare.
The GFD is a key member of the country leadership team, supporting the Directors and Heads of Department and their teams, to ensure we meet our financial targets.
Key Responsibilities and Duties of Group Finance Director:
- Partner with business and Finance leads to execute on Handicare business strategies
- Manage local controllers and Finance team leads to ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly and quarterly results
- Responsible for Group consolidation
- Ensure Finance teams report and account in accordance with Group Finance policies
- Assist local controllers with preparing accounting analysis for complex financial transactions
- Ensure legal entities have a strong control environment
- Lead monthly closing meeting – secure quality in closing
- Play an active role alongside local Handicare Finance team and Group Finance team in the interim and year end audit process
- Drive internal control roadmap and improvements collaborating with Group
- Business case sign off and delivery for CAPEX projects
- Support for M&A activities
- Responsibility for the central TP documentation and templates, supporting business units with transfer pricing policy matters
- Ad hoc projects as required
The ideal candidate will be both technically and commercially capable and on very much an upwards career trajectory.
- Able to build constructive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure a good level of support and challenge
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring work produced is always accurate
- Good level of presentation skills
- High level of commercial awareness gained through a career in Finance or related commercial roles
- Strong ability to translate financial information and engage with stakeholders in a way that generates understanding and action
- Experience of leading finance teams in a commercial (for profit) manufacturing organisation
- Able to lead and manage a team of direct and indirect reports
- Must be a qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience in a commercial environment
- Well-developed skills in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel
- Previous experience of working in a consumer goods environment
- Previous experience of working with ERP / D365
- Some knowledge of medical devices / stairlift products
For more information on the role or to apply with your CV to our retained consultant Damien Lewis, please click the apply button below. Please note any direct or 3rd party CVs will be forwarded to SF Recruitment.