The Information Systems Auditor is responsible for evaluating, and verifying procedures and internal controls for the information technology department. The Information Systems Auditor is also responsible for facilitating compliance with the various state insurance departments, operating policies and procedures established by the company, and internal policies within Information Technology.
The Information Systems Auditor may participate and assist management in the audit planning and risk rating processes, prepares assigned audit work paper sections, communicates audit findings and prepares draft audit reports.
The Information Systems Auditor is responsible for the timely completion of assigned Information technology and security audits in a manner that is consistent with the professional standards of conduct of the Institute of Internal Auditors and Information Systems Audit and Control Association.
Applies in-depth knowledge of the needs of the Company and/or assigned area and knowledge of systems technology to research, analyze and evaluate business and user needs. With limited direction, assists with the implementation of business solutions to solve business issues and meet overall business and company strategies. Mentors and assists in development of analyst staff.
1. Adequately analyzing and documenting information systems and related controls, and assisting in the development of an appropriate audit program to test the controls identified. Evaluating the adequacy of the security and processing controls as they relate to each audit, and the effectiveness of general computer controls in effect in the IT environment.
2. Monitoring and participating in the project systems development, disaster recovery testing, and the company's business continuity plan, and other activities related to IT processing.
3. Reviewing the means of safeguarding information assets and monitoring of ongoing performance metrics established by IS. Reviewing operations and programs to determine if results are consistent with department audit goals and objectives, (data breach, business continuity, etc.,).
4. Preparing audit work-papers according to established department guidelines. Providing assistance and guidance to the company's external auditors or any State Agency to ensure a timely and efficient completion of an audit. Presenting audit findings or other relevant information to IS Senior Management and/or department area manager on the effectiveness and adequacy of risk management, governance, and internal control procedures. Developing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with staff and management.
6. Mentors other analysts and provides guidance in the development of business knowledge, and analysis, documentation, project management and technological skills.
7. Works with internal and external customers as dictated by departmental needs.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, IT, IS, or related field is required.
Experience: Ability to organize and plan. Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills. Strong problem solving, decision-making and project management skills. Systems design and relational database modeling experience preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft products and SQL. Knowledge of auditing of the following areas a plus: COBIT Control framework, risk identification, mitigation and reporting, and NIST Information security standards. Insurance background preferred.
Skills: CISA/CRISC designation or equivalent is strongly preferred. Strong knowledge of general computer controls and PCI related requirements. Previous audit or support responsibilities of application systems, Windows, UNIX and SQL database environments is preferred. Knowledge of project management and system development techniques is required. Working knowledge of personal computers, including spreadsheet, word processing, and audit software applications is required. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work within a group is required. Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision is required. Excellent written and oral communication skills must be demonstrated. Must be self-motivated and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Mental Demands: Must have the ability to focus on task for extended periods of time. Must be flexible and have the ability to work with a variety of tasks and employees. Ability to plan, organize, be detail and deadline oriented and maintain a high accuracy rate.
Physical Demands: Continuous sitting for extended periods of time, some standing, walking, bending and reaching. Frequent use of fingers and hands to manipulate computer, telephone and other office equipment.
For over 70 years, NCMIC Group, a national insurance and finance leader, has valued and celebrated innovation, integrity and loyalty among our employees, clients and community.
The minute you walk into the NCMIC Group building, you're going to know that something a little different happens here. The space is open and bright with sunlight. There are plenty of team meeting areas, a workout room and a buzz of energy. There are committees working on charitable activities, workflow improvement and planning social and wellness activities. NCMIC employees enjoy their co-workers, their responsibilities and their work environment. We recognize that satisfied employees are committed employees. Our employees have the tools and resources they need to perform their jobs and fulfill their career goals. But we also want to make coming to work a source of pleasure and pride. You'll enjoy our commitment to work/family balance, regular business update meetings and NCMIC Group celebrations. The fact that we enjoy our jobs and are committed to our customers has undoubtedly played a significant role in the development and success of NCMIC Group. Our employees and our customer focus are the most important assets we have in building and maintaining NCMIC Group's culture.
NCMIC Group offers a competitive, comprehensive benefit package designed to provide our employees with security and protection, and to fit their individual needs. Employees are eligible for insurance benefits the first of the month following their start date and must work at least 30 hours per week. There are four levels of coverage available for Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance: Employee, Employee Plus One Adult, Employee Plus Child(ren) and Family. The following is a summary of the benefits offered:
*Flexible Spending Accounts
*Roth (k) Plan
*Long-Term Sick Leave
*Holidays (including two days each at Thanksgiving and Christmas)
NCMIC Group began in 1946 with its roots in serving doctors of chiropractic with malpractice insurance coverage. In the 1990s, we began diversifying our product lines and the markets we serve.
The result is a comprehensive portfolio of products and services that include malpractice insurance, personal and business property/casualty insurance, credit card processing and equipment leasing that are designed to meet the needs of healthcare and other professionals through our insurance companies, finance company and insurance agencies.
Through our two brands - NCMIC and Professional Solutions - we offer a wide variety of insurance and finance products to healthcare professionals, businesses and individuals.
Through our insurance companies we offer malpractice insurance as well as personal and business property/casualty insurance.
Through our finance company, we offer equipment financing, merchant processing, business credit cards and premium financing.
NCMIC Group, Inc. and its entities are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
E.O.E. - M/F/H/V
Role: Information Systems Auditor/Business Analyst III
Apply for this job now.