Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Our client is a Global manufacturing business, enjoying UK dominance and market leading status in their category sector. An opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer to work on a rotating shift pattern. Reporting to the Site Electrical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join a new growing department on a world class manufacturing site. This is an exciting time for you and the business. You will have a good teacher, so don't worry if you do not have all these skills and attributes listed, as full training and support will be given
Does this Sound like You?
- Trained to an Electrical minimum craft level, ONC, HND Level preferred - any industry
- 3-Phase, Panel Fault Finding and Basic PLC Understanding preferred but not essential
- Any Plc experience will be considered but full training will be given
- Production line experience on high speed packaging equipment in FMCG is preferred, but not essential .
ALTHOUGH ANY INDUSTRY BACKGROUND IS CONSIDERED AS ITS ALL ABOUT THE PERSON fit, attitude and ability and willingness to learn and develop
- Knowledge of electrical systems in explosive gas hazardous areas, COMPEX qualified would be highly advantageous but not critical.
- Good knowledge of setting up of AC and DC inverter drives.
This role is responsible for a combination of planned/reactive maintenance and technical challenges to ensure maximum line efficiency with accountability and ownership to deliver the line KPIs. Capable of leading from the front within a team ensuring the efficient running, primarily, of a continuous process, manufacturing and packing high quality products, packaged and prepared for delivery.
This role requires the ability to provide high level engineering technical expertise to maximise the productivity and achievement of targets of the team/line/plant, in a high-speed production environment, flexible to work predominantly shifts or days as required with minimum notice.
All items of plant and equipment are maintained to ensure their performance is safe, reliable and in accordance with the principles of world class maintenance performance.
Monitor plant operational efficiency, reliability and capability of all plant and equipment, identifying areas of under-performance or opportunity and implement plans to deliver improvement projects. Diagnose and rectify electrical problems with manufacturing equipment and systems following a reliability centred and proactive approach.
Agree preventative electrical maintenance plans, machine design modifications, and operating & changeover procedures with Manufacturing Maintenance and Operations teams
Use the maintenance system and resource to ensure that all agreed maintenance and improvement work is completed
You will have the ability to:
- Recommend and implement electrical changes to machine operation and maintenance procedures
- Recommend and deliver improvements to machine design
- Ensure maintenance works planned to minimise impact on production operations
Qualifications and Skills
- Apprentice trained in an engineering discipline, experience as a Craftsman
- HNC / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical maintenance engineering
- Extensive Electrical Experience in the maintenance and troubleshooting of manufacturing systems
- FMCG expereince preferred, if not factory maintenance experience