Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. We also prepare individuals for careers through our workforce development and education programs (ITWorks, CXWorks, and PunchCode). #removed#, #removed#, #removed#, #removed#
The Las Vegas-based Grants and Development Coordinator reports remotely to the Development Director (located in Wilmington, Delaware). Primary responsibilities are identification and cultivation of Las Vegas corporate, foundation, and government grant opportunities, and related grant writing, reporting, and administration. While this position is located in Las Vegas, as a member of the Development Team, this staff member will also support Development Team efforts as needed for the other geographies our programs serve (Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE).
This position is located primarily in our Las Vegas, NV office, with occasional travel to our Wilmington, DE office and Philadelphia, PA headquarters, and some local or regional travel as needed to support our programs and events.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Manage the Nevada grants and reports calendars: prepare corporate, foundation, and government grant applications and reports, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Track data and supporting documentation for grants, include maintenance of accurate data in a CRM (Salesforce), and hardcopy and electronic documentation, as required.
- Represent Tech Impact at select meetings, events and funder information sessions that provide the opportunity to engage with community leaders and cultivate funding relationships.
- Research and identify local, regional, and national funding opportunities which support Las Vegas-based programming; and stay abreast of funding trends in the Las Vegas market, seeking out opportunities to increase Tech Impact’s visibility and new funding opportunities.
- Prepare grant and donation acknowledgements and other correspondence.
- Provide support for the annual Las Vegas fundraising event.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working at a nonprofit organization in a fundraising capacity is required, preferably in the Las Vegas market.
- 2+ years of grant writing, administration, and reporting experience is required.
- Excellent technical and persuasive writing skills and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience with funder and donor research is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word and Excel, and some experience with CRM databases, such as Salesforce, is required.
- The ability to think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy is required. This individual should be organized and detail-oriented, energetic, team-oriented, and results-oriented.
- The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and familiarity with the government grants landscape, including Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding, as well as workforce development trends and best practices.
- A strong knowledge of nonprofit accounting and budgeting is a plus.
How to Apply: All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and current writing sample with the subject line “Grants and Development Coordinator” to #removed#
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world.
Role: Grants and Development Coordinator
Location: Las Vegas,
Apply for this job now.