IT Technical Services Manager
The IT Technical Services Manager will be joining an experienced IT team providing IT infrastructure services to ur client who are a large distribution organisation and one of the biggest names in their specific industry. The IT Technical Services Manager is responsible for managing a small 1st and 2nd line technical support team and providing all aspects of 3rd line technical services and support. The role ensures our data network, Servers and desktops are effectively monitored, supported and maintained to ensure the delivery of fit for purpose IT services 24x7x365.
The successful role holder must be passionate about IT infrastructure and the delivery of great customer service. You will be a strong advocate of adhering to documented, reusable policies, process and procedure.
- Manage and coach the 1st and 2nd line technical support team.
- Provide 3rd line technical support for network, server and desktop services.
- Ensure adherence to the ISO27001 standard and assist the IT Infrastructure Manager in regularly reviewing and improving our policies, processes and procedures.
- Monitor and review the availability and performance of the IT infrastructure and make recommendations to improve the performance, security and resilience.
- Ensure system logs are monitored and corrective action taken to minimise the risk of security incidents and service disruptions.
- Ensure security alerts from the central Infosec team are acted upon to minimise the risk of a security incident.
- Assist the IT Infrastructure Manager to select and manage suppliers, and participate in supplier reviews.
- Manage voice and data services.
- Ensure the disaster recovery plan and procedures are kept up to date and regularly tested.
- Keep all IT infrastructure schematic diagrams up to date.
- Configure, amend and troubleshoot multi-site to site and client-based VPNs.
- Work occasional evenings, weekends and bank holidays, as required, to lead and assist with hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Travel to other sites as and when required to perform system installations and upgrades, and to undertake IT infrastructure reviews.
- A minimum of 5 years network and server management.
- A self-motivated, engaging and customer facing technical service specialist.
- Sound understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, switch, routing and associated configuration.
- Hands on experience of WAN, LAN, VLAN, and wireless networks.
- Good understanding of routing, Switches, MPLS, data centre and security technologies; including Firewalls, load balancing, IDS/IPS and mobile device management.
- Experience of working with vendors of network equipment such as HP, Cisco, SonicWALL and Juniper.
- Experience of network storage area (SAN) device configuration.
- Sounds understand of Microsoft server platforms such as Server 2016, 19 and virtualisation services such as Hyper-V and Citrix.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Experience of supporting website technology and mobile device applications.
- Excellent written, verbal communication.
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand and support new technologies.
- Ability to mentor others and foster strong working relationships.
- Full UK driving license.
- Experience of working in a Technical Services Manager or Team Leader role.
- Knowledge of the ISO27001 standard.
IT Technical Services Manager
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website
Role: IT Technical Services Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Yeovil, Somerset,
Apply for this job now.