As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be working with students in Key Stages 1, 2, 3 and 4, in classes between 5-8 students, accompanied by a Teacher and another Support Assistant. You will be working with children and young people who are not able attend mainstream education for multiple reasons, such as:
- Children in Looked After Care
- Speech and language difficulties
- Physical and mental health issues, disabilities and learning difficulties
Do you want to make a difference to lives of children and young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties?
Teaching Personnel are currently working alongside a Pupil Referral Unit local to Central Norwich (NR3) to recruit a passionate Teaching Assistant to work with children and young people with challenging behaviour due to SEMH and other learning difficulties, working on a full time basis. If this role interests you - please apply NOW!
The candidate must have:
- Some experience working with children and young people who display challenging behaviour
- Experience of de-escalation training would be advantageous
- The school would also consider candidates from youth work backgrounds, or similar roles
This role demands motivation, passion, patience and the ability to emotionally support children who are from vulnerable backgrounds and situations.
- Competitive pay rates of GBP325-375 per week, however long term rates can be negotiated on your behalf
- Access to unique CPD opportunities to increase your qualifications and knowledge of the field such as: Autism Awareness, Safeguarding, Behaviour That Challenges and more
- An experienced Consultant along with our dedicated on call service