Would you like to potentially earn $638.00 or more per week and work for the most prestigious furniture company in the industry. Come Join the Havertys team of DOT Delivery Drivers.
*Delivery Incentive Bonuses based on Quality ...on all Routes!
FURNITURE DELIVERY DRIVER
The DOT Delivery Driver is responsible for the setup of furniture and any other merchandise in the customers’ home. Assistant is expected to perform the necessary functions in a safe and professional manner, while staying on schedule to meet our customers’ expectations.
Includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining high performance levels by keeping within the customer time window.
- Preventing unnecessary exceptions, therefore, eliminating additional stops on the route.
- Accurately communicate and document the delivery transaction using either a mobile device or the provided paperwork.
- Unload or load product as needed at stores or warehouse.
- Setting up furniture and securing goods as needed.
- Deliver or perform service as stated on work orders.
- Complete an accurate equipment report.
- Assist in the warehouse or showroom if needed.
- Provide assistance, as a spotter, to the driver when backing is necessary.
- May be called upon to drive delivery vehicle on an as need basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to pass DOT physical and heavy lifting assessment on an annual basis. Must be able to read maps and follow oral and written instructions. Must maintain good driving record in accordance with Havertys policy. Subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Must have a current valid drivers license with a clean record. Must be able to achieve DOT-certification.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instruction and perform any other duties upon the request of his/her supervisor.
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
Job Segment: Warehouse, Manufacturing
It's astonishing to think of all that has changed since 1885, when J.J. Haverty founded Haverty Furniture Company in downtown Atlanta. Through the early years, as we spread to Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas and beyond, sales collectors were making their rounds by horse and buggy.
As a company, we have changed dramatically over the years. As of 1929, we have been a publicly traded company, and today we have over 120 stores in 17 states, serving millions of loyal customers.
In fact, the only thing more remarkable than all the things that have changed since the beginning is all the things that have not - our friendly service, affordable prices, and high quality furniture.
Role: Home Delivery Driver
Apply for this job now.