Head Chef - South East London - £35k - Immediate Start
Our client is based in the South East of London and a leading independent school.
The catering department feed over 1800 students a day while during the academic year the catering team offers fine dining for evening events, refreshments for functions, meals for the summer schools and catering for a variety of other events such as open days, conferences, sports meetings and other high end events.
Looking to a appoint a Head Chef to oversee the internal and external events, and to manage the back of house team with the Executive Chef. The role would suit someone who thrives in a busy environment, is passionate about food.
Applicants should have demonstrable experience in a similar educational chef management role, strong financial management skills and exceptional communication skills
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload.
- Calm and ability to upskill staff
- Passion for food
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Must balance driving for results with the ability to coach and mentor chef team
- Resourceful, creative, and proactive.
Salary and Benefits or Remuneration
- £35,000 per annum
- 40 hour working week, 2 evenings per week
To ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.