COMPANY: CENTRE TECHNOLOGIES
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Department: Centre assist
Supervisor: Manager of Client Support Services
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
The primary role for this position would be focused on implementing and supporting various IT Infrastructure technologies as mentioned below with an emphasis on matter resolution, on-boarding of new clients, racking, cabling, installation and removal of hardware, verbose documentation of projects or tasks and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Problem management and escalation of issues in a timely manner
- Prioritization of tasks and meeting of deadlines, excellent time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and assessment skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Entry of time sheets, expense reports and documentation on or before deadline
- Keep up-to-date on market trends, theory and new ways of doing things; embrace change
- Assist with change-management activities
- Prepare and deliver complete and concise documentation for all projects
- Present progress reports to immediate supervisor and or Project Manager (if so assigned)
- Help turn business problems into technical solutions
- Manage deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
- Participate in after-hours on-call schedule serving as initial level of escalation for compute, storage, backup, automation and virtualization issues.
- Adaptability Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
- Communications Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Continuous Learning Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Managing Customer Focus Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
- Problem Solving Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
VPN Connections (Client & Site to Site) Understanding of basic network concepts Understanding of application, desktop, and server virtualization Understanding of Desktop Deployment / Imaging Certifications CompTIA A+ Certification a plus Bachelor s Degree a plus
- 0 - 2 years experience in IT related study or field.
- Must possess basic knowledge and experience with:
- Windows 7/8/10
- Microsoft Office suite
- Microsoft Windows Administration tools (AD Users and Computers, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Sites and Services, etc.)
- Microsoft Exchange Administration
- Including Mailbox Moves, Troubleshooting, Common Issues, End User Configuration of Outlook and Mobile Device
Desired Experience/ Certifications
Windows Server 2012/2016/2008 Microsoft Office 365 Admin portal Understanding of File Permissions (NTFS & Sharing)
- MDAA, MCSA
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work primarily in a climate-controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds) may be required
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities/injuries to perform the essential functions of this role.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Frequent local travel required
- provided by Dice