Cobham is seeking an Hourly Supervisor 1st Shift to oversee the activities associated with our production line workers within our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. The qualified applicant will perform the following responsibilities within a dynamic team in a fast-paced, aerospace and defense manufacturing environment. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Manages a production team including selection, hiring, and training of new employees, as well as overseeing day-to-day workflow, scheduling and providing positive feedback and discipline to current employees.
- Identifies and tracks parts, assemblies, and shortages as necessary.
- Tracks progress of units completed or other necessary measurements of productivity.
- Expedites parts and other materials.
- Facilitates transformation to a Lean environment.
- Acts as a liaison for service and repair work and/or coordinate field service requirements.
- Provides capacity planning input.
- Provides budget input.
- Administers labor contract and suggests changes as required for CBA negotiations.
- Schedules overtime as required.
- Uses computer to accomplish responsibilities.
- Provides guidance and keeps employees informed of policies and operational changes.
- Identifies and implements continuous productivity and quality improvements.
- Meets goals and objectives including, but not limited to budgets and productivity.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
- Identify and effect change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used.
- Communicate to employees, visitors and customers that health and safety and a concern for the environment are values for Cobham.
- Promote and facilitate incident and near miss reporting.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree.
- 5+ year’s supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to life up to 50 lbs occasionally.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit #removed#/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at #removed#/company/cobham
Role: Hourly Supervisor 1st Shift
Apply for this job now.