***This opportunity is located in Alexandria, VA area we are willing to help with relocation expenses***
This position requires a US Citizenship due to client requirements
The candidate will be part of a dynamic team building next generation applications for Customs & Border Protection (CBP) building a open source passenger data screening and analysis system for enhancing global security. The project will involve building complex web applications using open source technologies and deployed to a government cloud environment using continuous integration/delivery principles. The ideal candidate will have significant experience designing and building contemporary user interfaces with emphasis on user experience.
Skills and Experience
- Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components
- Java Enterprise (J2EE) application development and implementation experience
- Demonstrated expertise with Java and strong knowledge of Spring Framework (Spring
- Core, Spring MVC, Spring, Spring Security, Spring Boot, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise with User Interface technologies like HTML5, CSS/SCSS,
- Experience with REST/SOAP/JSON APIs
- Demonstrated experience with Java Application Servers (preferably Apache Tomcat)
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases (preferably Oracle) and intermediate SQL knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
- Demonstrated leadership of large-scale software engineering projects a strong plus
- Agile development experience a plus
- Familiar with tools Atlasian suite of products such as Bamboo, JIRA, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- This position requires a US Citizenship due to client requirements
- The job is located in Kingstowne, Alexandria VA
- You will be supporting the development of The Global Travel Assessment System (GTAS) is a turn-key web application maintained as a open source project at #-CBP/GTAS.
TechnoGems Inc. is a small technology startup business in Northern Virginia. We specialize in providing Custom Mobile Apps Development. Expertise in Android application development iOS application development for iPhone and iPad. We offer full service creative design, development, project management, strategy and distribution, and partner closely with our customers to achieve their goals. Our clients include several small IT firms to large Government contractors.
This position is with our professional services division where the candidate will work with our clients providing custom solutions for our clients.
Role: Java Developer - Open Source Projects
Apply for this job now.