Company: ONE2ONE RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
Our well-established Northamptonshire based client offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced Product Development Engineer. This independently owned business has continued to grow and thrive over the past 60 plus years and prides itself on its customer centric approach and the provision of tailor manufactured recycling equipment for its varied UK client base.
This is a varied role, and the general responsibilities will include but not limited to the following.
- To work with the Head of Engineering in the design of new products for the Company
- Work with the Head of Engineering to standardise and modularise existing Company products
- To benchmark current and in-development products against competitors’ products
- Assist with the workflow of the Company’s products from design to manufacture
- Mentor the Laser Engineer in improving the laser function of the Company
- Produce general arrangement drawings in 2D and/or 3D for the Projects and Sales departments.
- Maximise space-saving techniques, material flow optimisation and process engineering within the GA to deliver class-leading designs.
- Use AutoCAD, SolidWorks and Lantek as the main platforms for the above.
The suitable candidate will have experience covering the following: -
- AutoCAD (GA, Design & Detailing)
- Laser programming software
- Experience with special purpose machinery, ideally conveyor.
- System layout experience
- Sheet metal and fabrication design.
- Project Management
- Managing costs & BOMs
- ERP/ MRP systems
- Ideally, prior experience with recycling equipment
In return our client offers a competitive renumeration coupled with the opportunity to further develop your career within a vibrant, expanding family-owned business.
For additional information on this exceptional opportunity please contact one2one Recruitment.