Lab Animal Tech
- Provides daily husbandry care to research animals according to department standard operating procedures, state and federal regulations and accrediting agency guidelines. These duties include but not limited to; providing clean sanitized caging material, fresh food and water and environmental enrichment on a scheduled and as needed basis.
- Monitors animal health and well being in assigned areas. Reports all signs of illness to the Supervisor immediately. Completes all required reporting documents and cage notification cards.
- Operates bio-safety cabinets, Animal Transfer Stations, chemical foamers, hydraulic lifts and specialized ventilated racks (if applicable). Reports all deficiencies immediately to the Supervisor.
- Houses newly arriving animal colonies according to department standard operating procedures. Ensures that orders match the posted incoming animal log and assigned cage cards. Reports errors immediately to the Supervisor.
- Monitors environmental parameters of assigned holding rooms for temperature and humidity. Records all information on the room log. Reports any deviations in acceptable ranges to the Supervisor immediately
- Cleans and sanitizes all horizontal surfaces, floors and walls of assigned holding rooms and designated procedure or storage spaces according to the standard operating procedures. Removes waste from holding rooms Records all room maintenance on the room logs.
- Monitors cages for proper cage identification and animal occupancy to ensure adherence to department policies and procedures. Alerts the Supervisor of any deficiencies immediately. Provides census information by scanning bar coded cage cards as requested.
- Assists with preparing autoclaved caging material for immune compromised animal colonies according to department standard operating procedures. Records all sterilization pass/fail indicators in the appropriate log. Reports failures immediately to the Supervisor.
- Assists in cage wash facilities as needed. Operates bedding disposal units, vacuum bedding systems, cage/rack or tunnel washers and bulk autoclaves.
- Cleans and sanitizes large animal pens for pigs, dogs, sheep as well as rabbit housing units according to standard operating procedures. Houses newly arriving large animals. Provides feed and bedding (if applicable) to these large animal species.
Here at Medix, we are dedicated to providing workforce solutions to clients throughout multiple industries. We have been named among the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation for two consecutive years. Medix has also been ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
Our commitment to our core purpose of positively impacting 20,000 lives affects not only the way we interact with our clients and talent, but also with our co-workers! The goal is lofty, but it is made attainable through the hard work and dedication of our teams and their willingness to lock arms together. Are you ready to lock arms with us?
Role: Animal Technician III
Location: Kansas City,
Apply for this job now.