At Menzies Distribution we have been delivering across the UK since 1833, we can reach areas that other cannot. Today, we are Logistic UK's most innovative business of the year, with a strong focus on the future, sustainability, and innovation - We keep moving forwards. We have an excellent opportunity for a Driver to join our Highland Parcels team! Our team are responsible for delivering world-class service and time critical parcels to our customers located throughout Scotland.
You will work closely with our Operational Team, who will support you to execute a busy multi-drop schedule. You will be equipped to become a driving force with the helping hand of our modern vehicles, and advanced track/trace technology.
Our customers rely on us to deliver our promises, and we rely on our drivers to ensure each delivery reaches our customers on time, in perfect condition and with a contagious smile.
And, let's not forget, you'll be joining one of the UK's largest and most recognised distribution brands, where career, personal development and going the 'extra mile' is at the heart of our company ethos.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Check the quality of packed orders
- Manually unload and upload parcels for delivery
- Make sure the vehicle is loaded safely and within the legislation
- Ensure parcels are delivered to residential and commercial customers safely, efficiently and on time
- Ensure security of the vehicle and goods contained during transit
- Complete all documentation as per company procedure
- Keep the warehouse safe, clean and tidy
- Adhere to company procedures and policies
WHAT YOU NEED
- Held a full and valid UK Drivers Licence for a minimum of 4 years
- No previous disqualifications for NI, DD or DR
- Familiarity with most of the streets and commercial addresses
- Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
- Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
- Undergo background check and alcohol & drug test prior to start date
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
- 28 Days Annual Leave (Pro-Rota)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Eye Care
At Menzies Distribution Limited, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles.